Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Abandon it all for the sake of the call

Sometimes I feel like writing a post but I have no idea what to say.  Then God reminds me why I started this blog, to tell about the things He is doing in my life and in my heart.  When I think of it that way, I have plenty to write about! I hope you enjoy this post about what God has doing in my heart the past few days :)

This past weekend I went on a missions trip to the tropical island of Puerto Rico.  It was amazing!!  Not only because of the delicious food or the beautiful beaches but because of the amazing work God is doing.  The vision is to have a Bible School and plant a church in San Juan.  As of this visit, they have many people interested in coming to the Bible School and wanting to grow with God. We looked at a community center that would be perfect for Friday and Saturday night classes and Sunday morning service.  It is amazing to see the work being formed and to watch God's plan unfold.  We visited a church in Aguadilla, which is on the west side of the island and Pastor Cooper said something during service that I haven't stopped thinking about.  

"A plan is important, but hearing from God and having a vision is more important."  

I am not a planner but when I set my mind on something I usually do it without even consulting my Heavenly Father.  I don't want my life to be so wrapped up in my own plans that I have no room for the sponateous things of God.  He knows what is best for me and I am only hurting myself by not hearing His soft words of wisdom or taking the time to be soaked in His love and guidance. 

I don't know what all God did in my heart during this trip but I know I left changed.  I encourage all of you who may or may not be reading this post to step out of your plans and hear from Him.  Let's abandon it all for the sake of the call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment